Account Manager – Crisis and Community Relations
What it’s all about:
Cavendish Advocacy is a leading independent government relations and corporate communications consultancy, established in 2003. Since then we’ve been helping companies, charities, campaign groups and public bodies with their political and media relations at all levels in the UK.
Now part of the BECG Group, you’ll be part of a growing full-service communications agency that includes public affairs, stakeholder engagement, corporate communications, digital marketing, PR, social media, design and video experts.
What you’ll need to have:
- Strong and demonstratable communications skills – with a real passion for crisis communications and stakeholder engagement. If you haven’t yet worked on crisis communications projects, you’ll be eager to learn and quickly develop these skills by working closely with Directors.
- A real desire to be a broad communicator – keen to develop a broad skill set across resident communications, media relations, reputation management, as well as an interest in local and national public affairs.
- An interest in working on some of the most high-profile crisis and issues management concerns in the built environment, including the fire and building safety crisis in England and Wales.
- Demonstrate drive, commitment and a focus to producing work of the highest standard.
- Attention to detail, excellent workload management and willingness be a good team player.
- Existing understanding of and relationships with politicians, media, and prospective clients.
What you’ll need to do:
You will be responsible for supporting and delivering award-winning integrated communications campaigns. From research and intelligence gathering to resident and community liaison, you’ll be a key lead for your clients. Your role will stretch across organising meetings with key residents, political and media stakeholders, as you help to plan and achieve your clients’ objectives. Ideally, the morning papers are your favourite read with housing and built environment events being an opportunity to widen your network to secure new business. You will be energetic, willing to learn and determined to progress.
Who we are & What we do:
Operating from twelve offices across the UK, we manage political, media and community relationships for some of the country’s most respected companies. We pride ourselves on having one of the largest, most experienced stakeholder and community engagement teams in Britain.
The teams help clients achieve their goals by engaging with politicians at a local, regional and national level, whether they’re seeking to obtain planning consent for a new development, deliver best-practice consultation, manage reputation, raise their profile with political stakeholders or influence Government policy.
BECG is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age