Following on from our successful stakeholder engagement programme for ARMA in 2019/2020 which led to the establishment of the Building Safety Fund, the client re-approached us at the end of 2020.
This time our goal was to extend the deadline for applications to the Fund from 31st December 2020 to summer 2021, to secure more financial resources and to ensure more buildings are captured in its scope. Our role was to provide Public Affairs support in form of stakeholder mapping, messaging development, weekly political monitoring reports, weekly client catch-up calls and stakeholder meeting programme.
- Phase I of the engagement project has been successful and the Building Safety Fund deadline was moved from 31st December 2020 to July 2021.
- Waking Watch Fund was announced by the Secretary of State which formed part of our demands to cover all costs associated with Building Safety for leaseholders.
- We secured meetings with 13 MP across Government and opposition between October – December 2020 for Phase I; for Phase II (which started in January 2021) we are already on course to exceed these numbers.
- We secured cross-party letters, parliamentary questions and a question directly to Prime Minister Boris Johnson in PMQs.
- We provided briefings and support for MPs leading on/speaking in debates on cladding which has led to our messaging feeding through and our asks/statistics regularly being quoted by members speaking in the House.