Communities that Work is the leading national membership body of social landlords, representing over 1.3m homes, who are rising to the challenge of helping people access employment opportunities.
Cavendish Advocacy helps position Communities that Work as the voice of housing associations who deliver employment support, raise the organisation’s profile within government and the social housing sector, and increase membership. We also help secure greater recognition for the work that housing associations do regarding employment support.
We have delivered international and national award-winning campaigns as part of our support for Communities that Work, including the Opportunity Guarantee campaign which secured critical employment support from the government in the wake of Covid-19.
- We positioned Communities that Work as the sector leader holding meetings with government and MPs on behalf of the taskforce.
- The Prime Minister committed to an Opportunity Guarantee in a national address detailing his Covid-19 recovery roadmap, followed by the Chancellor unveiling funding to achieve all three policy asks and launching the government’s flagship Kickstart programme.
- In total, the Opportunity Guarantee campaign secured from government:
- The £2bn Kickstart Scheme, creating hundreds of thousands of work placements for young people.
- Nearly £900m from government to double the number of work coaches in Jobcentres to 27,000.
- A £3bn green investment package supporting 140,000 jobs.