This special Infrastructure Intelligence roundtable event, featuring our Managing Director Alex Challoner, focused on the international sector and examined key trends, developments and prospects for UK firms looking to work overseas. In the post-Brexit business landscape, it is likely that some firms will need to cast their horizons further afield in the search for work opportunities.
A recent study by the UK Department for International Trade identified around 25 separate infrastructure export-related initiatives underway highlighting the growing recognition of a key export sector, but there are concerns about the need for better coordination.
The merger of DFID and FCO into a new Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Department may signal a welcome level of coordination and this roundtable looked at what this all means for infrastructure firms looking to work internationally.
Get the low-down on winning work overseas by watching this roundtable discussion.
Expert panel included:
- Patricia Moore, UK Managing Director, Turner & Townsend
- Martin Bellamy, Managing Director, BAM Nuttall
- Nathan Holloway, Managing Director, Management & Surveying, WYG
- Tom Cargill, CEO, British Expertise International
- Matt Crossman, Deputy Director, Infrastructure, Department for International Trade
- Alex Challoner, Managing Director, Cavendish Advocacy
- Bruce Tomlinson, Chief Executive, HR Wallingford